Pursuant to the latest archaeological research, it is believed that the original forms of dermatological medicine were contrived before 1500 BCE. In this regard, the illustrious Ebers Papyrus manuscript was written almost 3,600 years ago by nascent physicians in Africa’s Nile Valley, and it contains extensive accounts and analyses of numerous skin disorders and some concomitant treatment methods.
The 100-plus-page parchment divulges maladies of the epidermis and also reveals the salves, balms, surgical procedures, and alternative therapies utilised to remedy conditions at the time, but it wasn’t until centuries later – in the late 1500s – that the first substantiated dermatology research was put forth by Italian clinicians.
Modern Dermatology and Your Skin
Understanding the physiological composition, innate properties, and operative sections of your skin is essentially the first step towards being able to supplement and enrich your complexion. Consider the following facts:
- Contrary to mainstream belief, your skin actually features three distinct layers, not just two. The epidermis is basically your body’s external shield; the dermis contains sweat glands and follicle roots; and the subcutis houses a host of veins and adipose tissues.
- Different areas of your body exhibit unique elasticity and suppleness. For instance, the skin on your face is much less resilient and stretchy than the skin on your elbows, knees, and knuckles. Additionally, the skin on the soles of your feet is roughly 70 times thicker than the skin comprising your eyelids.
- Less than 10% of your skin cells are categorised as melanocytes, but the expression of these relatively sparse cellular units is the sole determining factor of your skin colour.
- If you develop scar tissue due to a wound or persistent acne, the resulting skin will be far tougher and it will not feature any sweat glands or hair follicles, which will cause the neighbouring areas to become increasingly active and animated.
- Without any mechanical exfoliating or desquamating, your epidermis will cycle through an entire layer of dead skin cells in less than 35 days, but you have to ingest adequate amounts of vitamin A, D, C, and E to ensure that the new layer is robust, supple, and wholesome.
From a dermatological perspective, the key to gaining better-looking skin is to practice nutritious dietary conventions, apply sunscreen when spending time outside, and avoid overloading your epidermis with balms that feature inorganic substances, but for many of us it simply isn’t that easy. We need a little bit of help to jumpstart our dermal health.
A More Attractive Complexion in Just One Day
Irrespective of whether you happen to be coping with pimple scars, unsightly flushing, spider veins, varicoloured areas on your neck and face, weathered wrinkles, or any other kind of loathsome skin symptom, you should do yourself a huge favour and look into modern IPL in Perth.
Ever since the mid-1990s, the Intense Pulsed Light treatment has been the vanguard of anti-aging dermatological solutions, and each year, millions of men and women throughout the world utilise this pain-free, nonintrusive remedy to galvanise their complexions.
This gainful light-energy procedure can revive your skin and reverse virtually every type of stubborn dermal condition in just a couple of straightforward sessions, so drop a line to your local therapist to set up a precursory assessment.